Healthy snack ideas for busy people so you have no excuse not to snack healthily! I understand how hard it can be to make healthy choices when you’re busy with life. That’s why it’s incredibly important to always have healthy homemade snacks in your kitchen to take with you everywhere you go.
When it comes to healthy snacking it’s not as hard as you may think it is. Many grocery stores now have healthy snack options, but you have to be careful with the ingredients and they can be pretty pricey too. If you haven’t already; click here to learn about “Health” foods to avoid so you can get a better understanding of how to make better choices when buying health foods. My idea of a snack is something that tastes great and at the same time satisfying. Make sure to snack smart and by that I mean to make sure that there’s a good amount of carbs, protein and fats in your snack. If you just eat a piece of fruit alone with no type of fat you’ll get hungry very soon afterwards. By adding some healthy fats such as nut butter, you’ll make that snack much smarter!
I”m going to share with you 5 very clean, healthy and cheap snack ideas that’ll satisfy you and can be quickly put together even if you’re super busy. Some of them are sweet and some savory to give you different options depending on what you’re in the mood for.
- Coconut Date Bites. These coconut date balls take no effort to make and are seriously tasty!
- Apple and peanut butter. Or any fruit and nut/seed butter combo.
- Veggies and hummus. I have a few recipes for hummus but this one is a classic.
- Smoothie Bowl. It’s only a matter of minutes to put your favorite fruits into a blender, blend them and top them off with toppings like granola, cacao nibs, coconut meat etc.
- Avocado toast. It’s the new “style” of healthy eating and I personally love avocado toasts. Simply slice or smash an avocado onto a piece of toast, squeeze some lemon juice and add salt & pepper.
Now that you have some ideas do yourself a huge favor and keep snacks like these around the house as often as possible. It’ll keep you from making unhealthy choices and ensure that you get the best quality of food. You also save a lot of money in the long run. It’s not that hard! Once you get into a habit and find what you like best, you’ll find it much easier to prepare your snacks.